Here are 100 facts about me, broken up into ten easy to digest groups of ten.
10 Basic/Random Facts
- Aidan isn’t my birth name.
- I’m a stereotypical Gemini.
- I consider sexuality a fluid thing.
- I identify as bisexual for convenience of explanation.
- I identify as genderqueer also for convenience of explanation.
- My biological sex is female.
- I’m in my 20’s but I still feel 15.
- According my birth certificate, I was born in 1088.
- Being a grown up is not as fun as 10-year-old-Me thought it would be.
- My viewpoints are what one might consider “feminist,” but I go back and forth on identifying with the label due to how exclusive feminism as a whole has been to poor/working class people, people of color, and the transgender and nonbinary communities.
10 Interpersonal Relationship Facts
- I’m engaged.
- I never wanted to get married and I probably still don’t.
- I have extremely complicated relationships with my family.
- I don’t know how to make friends.
- As a result, I have only one friend in real life (aside from my fiance) and two friendly acquaintances.
- I find it much easier to relate to people online.
- I’ve been with my fiance for almost eight years (since I was 19).
- I am often unnerved by the fact that I entered such a serious relationship so young.
- I wish I were closer with my extended family, but I don’t know how to relate to them.
- I hate this concept of “the meaner I am to you, the more I like you.” That’s not how that works; you’re a dick.
10 Health/Wellness Facts
- I have depression and anxiety.
- I manage these two things holistically (ie: without medication).
- I also have scoliosis, which is a bummer.
- I am appalled with the mental health services (or lack thereof) in America.
- Vitamin D supplements are literally the best thing that ever happened to me.
- I can’t swallow pills.
- I am generally distrustful of doctors.
- I prefer natural, holistic healing to pharmaceuticals.
- I do not listen to unsolicited health advice, particularly if it starts with, “You’d feel better/be happier if…”
- However, I don’t mind people telling me what worked for them if they’ve been through a similar problem, so long as they aren’t telling me what I should be doing.
10 Foodie Facts
- I can guarantee that, no matter what date/time you are reading this, I want a California burrito right now.
- I’m an amateur cake decorator.
- I will eat a salad with my burger/sandwich, but I will not eat vegetables on my burger/sandwich.
- I dislike most fruits. The only fruit I eat is oranges. I will never get scurvy.
- If I dislike a food, 80% of the time I think it tastes fine but it’s a textural problem.
- Gordon Ramsay is my hero and if you honestly think the way he is portrayed on American TV is accurate to how he is in reality I am judging you so hard.
- I almost went to culinary school.
- I’m trying very hard to cut meat from my diet (as of writing this [09/2015] it is not going well).
- I have my set “regular” at every restaurant/fast food place I eat at and it never, ever changes.
- I HATE FONDANT OMG BUTTERCREAM FOR LIFE.
10 Work/School Facts
- I change my major about as often as I change my socks.
- Officially, my listed major is English.
- I tell everyone I’m studying Sociology.
- My class schedule is more reflective of a Business/Marketing major.
- I’m currently reassessing my academic/career goals for those reasons.
- I only take online courses because I moved away from campus and do not want to hassle with transferring again (because it was such a nightmare last time).
- I work in accounting, which is ridiculous because I hate math.
- Because my supervisor doesn’t care as long as I get my work done, I essentially get paid to spend half a day doing whatever personal stuff I feel like.
- That is what I’ve always wanted, but because that’s not actually my job it really bothers me that I am never given enough work to occupy my full eight hours.
- Ideally, I would like to make my whole income from selling photography and zines.
10 Appearance Facts
- I change my hair (cut and/or color) about every 2-4 weeks.
- I am addicted to buying makeup, but almost never wear it.
- I have a ton of pretty dresses I never wear because I think I look weird in dresses.
- There was a ten year stretch where I didn’t wear jeans because I could never find any that fit me properly/comfortably.
- Even though 16-year-old uber-punk-rawk me would spit at it, I no longer have any qualms about dropping hundreds of dollars on my wardrobe. Brand clothes just fit me better than cheap stuff and last much longer.
- I consider expensive shoes an investment.
- I originally wanted to get laser eye corrective surgery, but I’ve grown to enjoy wearing glasses–they are a cute fashion statement.
- I have to have the sides of my head shaved (or very short) at all times. Anything longer than 2″ on the sides of my head is incredibly uncomfortable.
- I never wear lipstick because I haven’t found a formula that doesn’t get goopy and feel uncomfortable on my lips.
- My personal style is either “hobo cat lady” or “dominatrix casual.” There is no in between.
10 Fandom Facts
- I’m 27 and I still write awful fan fiction that will never see the light of day.
- Thank gods for Supernatural and Orange is the New Black.
- I deeply regret not getting into Harry Potter when I was younger because it is literally the best. The. Best.
- I am rarely a fan of actors/actresses, but I fall madly in love with the characters they play.
- I often pigeon-hole actors in certain roles and no matter who else they play in any other movie/show, I will only ever see that one character.
- Tilda Swinton and David Tennant are the exceptions to points 4 & 5 (as well as Chris Evans, Nathan Fillion, and Tom Hiddleston to lesser extents).
- I am what is known on Tumblr as “Marvel trash.”
- I’m not as vocal about my fannishness as I used to be. I just hate all the ship wars and fandom-wank, so I’d really rather not be “involved” in fandom.
- I find it incredibly creepy when people post childhood and baby pictures of celebrities. How did you even get those?
- It annoys me to no end when people complain about others “over analyzing” movies/shows/books. Media has a huge impact on our culture and vice versa! We should be going in-depth! Also, it’s fun, so stop being a jerk.
10 Facts About My Hobbies/Interests
- I really, really love decorating those cheap wooden boxes Michael’s sells for $1.
- I can’t sew to save my life, but I’m trying!
- I really enjoy photography and wish I had more time for it.
- I collect notebooks with inspiring/cool/interesting/pretty covers. I then proceed to not do anything with them ever out of fear of “ruining” them, somehow.
- I like paper crafts, particularly scrapbooking.
- I have almost as much fun organizing my craft supplies as I do actually crafting with them.
- I spend way too much time playing stupid, pointless games on my tablet.
- I have more craft projects waiting to be completed than I have years left on this earth.
- I firmly believe everything can be made better with Halloween ribbon.
- Knitting is a major pain in the ass, but I refuse to let it beat me. I will learn this skill out of spite.
- Color: Purple
- Season: Autumn
- Holiday: Halloween
- Food: Chocolate mousse
- Movie: Boondock Saints
- Band: The Struts (currently)
- Subject in School: Sociology
- Animal: Cheetah
- Book: “Lamb” by Christopher Moore
- Passtime: Tumblr
10 Pet Peeves
- The sound of someone eating or drinking. (Ew, ew, ew!)
- Drivers who don’t use their turn signals.
- People standing very close to me.
- Strangers who touch my shaved head (or spiked hair, or studded clothing, or any part of my person) without asking.
- Being treated as the spokesperson of “my people” when people learn about my gender/sexuality/religion/[insert part of my life they don’t understand here]. I am not Google, I am not your teacher; it is not my job to educate you.
- When my mother is literally sitting at her computer, on the internet, and says to me, “Hey, can you look up [some stupid garbage] on your tablet for me?”
- Anything that leaves a sticky residue being left someplace where it will leave a sticky residue (more often than not, this refers to my mother’s used coffee spoons being left on the counter).
- People who leave their phone on at the office.
- Loud breathing.
- Anything that makes me sweaty.
- I am a compulsive list maker.