The ten things I’m thankful for this week:
- Dental insurance through work! Whoo!
- Having a donut for breakfast.
- Learning to take things as they come.
- Making the decision to care for my mental well-being.
- Future planning.
- The patience and understanding of those around me.
- My ever-expanding collection of Star Wars TFA merchandise (neeeeeeeerd).
- Comic books (NEEEEEEEEERD).
- Existing in the world at the same time as Terry Crews and his “no time for toxic masculinity bullshit” attitude.
- Baked potatoes.
I’ll admit that I’m kind of bummed that I’m not going to get to get my own place this year, like I had hoped. I just don’t have the budget for it, even if I can find a place for $600 a month (which, in southern California, does not exist). But, I did manage to talk my mom into moving into a bigger place where I’ll have my own bathroom, so it will kind of be like having my own place? Not really, but I’m trying to make the best of it.
I’m trying to look on the bright side, which is 99% repeating the thought, “I am going to save up so much money. If I can stop buying everything on Amazon, I can probably save up for a down payment on a house in a couple of years.” Not worrying about paying so many bills will let me focus on the things I want to do.
Like writing. And photography. And being happy.
So. Bright side.