I considered putting this post off until tomorrow. Today doesn’t seem like a very “thankful” day. I overslept and didn’t have time to make a lunch (so carrot sticks, peanuts, and cookies it is), I’ve been dreading all of the phone calls I have to make today (because calling/talking to people on the phone is a huge panic trigger for me), and I came in to work to find yet another horribly vague email about more audit stuff I need to pull. Finding ten things to be excited about seems like a Herculean task.
But then I realized that days like today are the days I need to do this the most. So, here we go.
Ten things I’m thankful for this week:
- Jackie Valdez of Saints in Training. Without this woman, I’m not entirely sure I would actually be here.
- The fact that this stressful day is only finite.
- Good things are on the horizon.
- Aside from these relatively minor bumps, my job is fantastic and I actually do not mind coming in to work.
- APARTMENT HUNTING WHAT. Yessssss.
- I feel incredibly motivated to change my situation.
- That my mother and I have moved so often in our lives that I know what to budget for when deciding on a place to live.
- I have amazingly supportive people in my life, even if we don’t always agree and I don’t get to speak to them as often as I’d like to.
- I work in accounting and understand how to create an expense sheet and a budget and basically function financially as an adult.
- Surprisingly easy work tasks (even if I still have to make about five phone calls).