So, this week I officially started taking the bus to work. I have to wake up at five in the morning, I have to stand out in the cold, and as though I’m not “bleh” enough, there hasn’t been a day this week where I haven’t been in pain (seriously, I threw my back out on Monday morning, pulled a muscle in my leg on Tuesday night, and today I have cramps that feel like I’m being stabbed repeatedly).
It’s really, really tough to get excited about this when everything is such a big mess, you know?
So, I’m doing something a little different with Thankful Thursday, this week. Instead of ten things I’m thankful for, I’m going to list all the reasons why taking public transit is awesome! Whoo!
- It’s better for the environment. Less cars means less emissions.
- It’s cheaper than driving my morning commute would be (if I drove), because gas prices.
- I can nap. Try that on your morning commute, I dare you!
- I see very interesting people.
- You see parts of your city you otherwise may never have known existed.
- No one tries to force pointless chit-chat with me (or it happens very, very rarely).
- Sometimes I walk away with pretty interesting stories.
- Once, when I was getting on the bus with my bright red buzzcut, the bus driver asked me if I was a model. ~*~Ego~*~
- When taking the trolley, there’s no sitting in awful commuter traffic.
- It gets me to stick to a consistent schedule.
And just to keep in the theme of thankfulness, let me leave you with this:
I am thankful that I did not audibly pass gas on the bus this morning, although I will admit I am not very thankful that I was sitting behind the person who did. Ick.