As you might be aware, part of being a practicing witch is casting spells. So, for today’s Witchy Wednesday (and the last Witchy Wednesday of Blogtober), I’ve decided to share some of my favorite spells with you.
A Spell to Empower Your Computer for Magic
This is super convenient for spells that require a lot of repetition, but you have a busy schedule of dancing naked in the woods and smashing the patriarchy.
From Llewellyn’s 2005 Spell-A-Day Almanac:
- Cleanse your computer with a smudging of sage or sweetgrass then consecrate it to the four elements.
- Take a bit of sandalwood oil and anoint it in various spots.
- Charge a purple candle with intent of spirit and light it directly in front of the monitor.
- Place clear quartz stones around your computer and say it is to be used for magick.
- When you wish to use the computer, set up your altar directly in front of the monitor and set your screensaver to show the spell words repeatedly.
- Light a candle* if the spell calls for it and leave the computer to do its assigned job.
*Never leave a burning candle unattended. Safety first, witches!
General Banishment Spell
This spell can be used to get rid of just about anything, from negative feelings, hindrences, someone’s power over you… anything. I’ve seen a few variations of this spell. I found this one on Pinterest and it seems to be the most simple/basic.
- Light a black candle.
- Draw a pentagram on a note.
- Write down what you want to get rid on the note.
- Burn the note on the candle.*
*Again, never leave burning candles unattended and be very careful when burning paper in your home. Make sure you have a non-flammable bowl to let your note burn completely to avoid injuring yourself or accidentally catching something else on fire.
Good Luck on a Test Chant
I may or may not have had this written in my school notebook in previous semesters. 😉 I also found this on Pinterest.
- Close your eyes and focus on your desire. when you feel you are ready say:
- “On this test I take today,
I will receive no less than an A.
Earth, wind, fire, and sea
as I will it, so mote it be.”
- Burning an orange candle on the day of you test will also bring a little luck.*
*Once more, never leave a burning candle unattended. Also, no magic will take the place of studying. This spell/chant is more for helping you recall what you already know. You can’t remember something you never bothered studying!
Those are a few of my favorite spells. Go forth and be magical, witches!
I love you all.