So, I don’t know if you’ve heard of OneNote, but in case you haven’t: In the barest sense of it, it’s a note-taking application by Microsoft that works across your smartphone, tablet, and home computer. It’s very convenient for me because I always get ideas on the go, but rarely have time (or space) to pull out my notebook and write them down.
But, the problem I run into in any sort of note taking (digital or analogue) is that I often forget the context of things. Some of them are pretty unassuming, but some of them are outright head scratchers.
Why not share some of my favorites? Continue reading
So, this week I officially started taking the bus to work. I have to wake up at five in the morning, I have to stand out in the cold, and as though I’m not “bleh” enough, there hasn’t been a day this week where I haven’t been in pain (seriously, I threw my back out on Monday morning, pulled a muscle in my leg on Tuesday night, and today I have cramps that feel like I’m being stabbed repeatedly).
It’s really, really tough to get excited about this when everything is such a big mess, you know?
So, I’m doing something a little different with Thankful Thursday, this week. Instead of ten things I’m thankful for, I’m going to list all the reasons why taking public transit is awesome! Whoo!
- It’s better for the environment. Less cars means less emissions.
- It’s cheaper than driving my morning commute would be (if I drove), because gas prices.
- I can nap. Try that on your morning commute, I dare you!
- I see very interesting people.
- You see parts of your city you otherwise may never have known existed.
- No one tries to force pointless chit-chat with me (or it happens very, very rarely).
- Sometimes I walk away with pretty interesting stories.
- Once, when I was getting on the bus with my bright red buzzcut, the bus driver asked me if I was a model. ~*~Ego~*~
- When taking the trolley, there’s no sitting in awful commuter traffic.
- It gets me to stick to a consistent schedule.
And just to keep in the theme of thankfulness, let me leave you with this:
I am thankful that I did not audibly pass gas on the bus this morning, although I will admit I am not very thankful that I was sitting behind the person who did. Ick.
I think I need a vacation, or something. Probably closer to “or something” because what I really need to do is to take a couple days off to myself and organize my life. That’s hardly a vacation, but it would probably make me feel better.
Or maybe I just want to take time off so I don’t have to deal with starting to take the bus into work, next week. I’m not looking forward to a three-hour commute each way. That’s six hours of my day on the bus! Man, it’s going to be a mess. Leaving the apartment at 5:30 every morning is not gonna be fun times.
Feels like I could really use a Thankful Thursday, right about now.
Ten things I’m thankful or grateful for this week:
- Incredibly supportive people in my life.
- Selfless people in my life who are (or at the very least try to be) accommodating above and beyond necessity.
- Chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Learning (and implementing!) time management techniques.
- Living in San Diego which has some remarkably beautiful scenery if you go out and look for it.
- Peterson’s Donut Corner (for all of my “I don’t care that it’s almost midnight; I had a shitty day and I need a donut!” needs).
- Opportunities to face my anxieties and grow as a person.
- The financial ability to live in a relatively safe area.
- An understanding and endlessly supportive partner.
- Reminders that it’s never too late.
Hello friends! I hope everyone is well.
I almost decided not to post today, because I’m just exhausted from yesterday and my brain just doesn’t want to function very well. But, habits.
Short and sweet, let’s get to it:
Ten Things I’m Thankful For This Week
- My wonderful fiance.
- Clean bed sheets. (Seriously, if you have depression, never underestimate the power of climbing into freshly cleaned sheets.)
- Financial planning.
- Opportunities to grow.
- Cool breezes on hot days.
- Chocolate ice cream.
- Time off to reset.
- The healing power of adult nap-time.
Hello all! It’s Thursday and that means it’s time for another installment of
the only thing I actually post anymore Thankful Thursday!
This week’s ten includes:
- Rainy days. It’s raining right now, actually, and there is something so bright about rainy days. Which I know sounds weird, but it’s true. Next time it rains, take a look outside. The colors seem brighter. Grass seems greener, stop signs seem redder, the leaves on the trees seem to pop against the grey backdrop of the sky. It’s like all of the tedium of the world just washes away, refreshed. (I freaking love the rain, okay.)
- I’m thankful that I’m employed at a job that I, if not enjoy, am at least good at and doesn’t make me want to cry at the end of every day. Even if some days are harder than others, it can be (and has been) much worse. I work with and for good people, which is all a person can hope for (I mean, really, money’s great, paying bills, yay, but it doesn’t matter if you’re pulling a six-figure salary; if you don’t get along with your coworkers/boss(es) you’re going to be miserable).
- I have a great support network, even if it is small. Quality, not quantity.
- I’m thankful that I’m able to learn and adapt from my past mistakes.
- Every now and then, I manage to beat back my anxiety to get things done.
- I am learning how to relax. I’ve always lived by the motto “If I’m not stressed out, I’m falling behind.” It’s a weird thing to not know how to relax, to not worry. I’m working on it.
- I am learning how to enjoy living simply. At current, this means paring down material possessions and not buying as much as I used to. This is a lot harder to do than I thought!
- I’m thankful for the brilliant and talented people who provide me with hours upon hours of entertainment. *cough*Star Wars*cough*Like I wasn’t going to mention it*cough*
- I’m thankful for books, and reading, and the written word in general. I’m thankful for the way it can teach, can heal, and can entertain.
- I’m thankful for modern technology, the internet. People like to gripe about the internet and “the good ole days” when people apparently talked to each other more. Well, I lived pre-internet (granted, not long pre-internet, but I was at least 13 before we became the digital generation), and I cannot recall people talking anymore or less in person than they do now. But, I do know that now I have friends in North Carolina, in Pennsylvania, in Canada, in Australia. After local friends move away, I can still be a part of their lives even if I can’t see them every day. That’s pretty damn cool.
And a quick little announcement:
It’s a little late (*snort* “little”), because I usually write this up at work. But, we recently had an incident at work involving hacking, so I’m trying to do fewer personal things on the company computer. And when I got home tonight I took a nap (yay naps!) so I’m posting this at nine. Whoo!
Ten things I’m thankful for/make me happy this week.
- The audit is over! Oh, joyous of joys! Life may now return to normal.
- I am also caught up on the just ridiculous amount of work I had dropped on my desk last week.
- My credit card is paid off! It’s like I’m an actual, responsible adult!
- My friends and acquaintances are doing great things and receiving great things and I am just so happy for them!
- There is less than a week until the BluRay release of Star Wars the Force Awakens!! Also, there is a whole mess of new Adam Driver behind the scenes stuff and that fills my fangirl heart with glee.
- I’ve been drinking more water lately and I’m doing really well at maintaining my quota. I am the worst at remembering to hydrate, so I’m pretty proud of myself.
- I got my books sorted, bundled, and stored, which resulted in me having a little more space.
- I’ve been having a problem with the Microsoft Office apps on my tablet, but I think the issue is resolved? *fingers crossed*
- I got to spend some fun time at the movies with my fiance and his brother on Tuesday night. Batman v. Superman. It was okay. Not great, but not horrible.
- I got a new workout outfit and I look super cute in it!
Ah. Work. So fun for me this week. Except that it’s not. Oh, will when the checked out invoices return from the
Let’s get into it, because WOW I need it!
Ten things I’m thankful for this week: Continue reading